Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog Post #13

What did I leave out?

This week we were assigned to do a blog post on what we believe Dr. Strange should have included in our class assignments. In my opinion it would be a good idea to have a blog post on how we would use Apple products, such as the iPad, in the classroom. I know we had several assignments where we needed to use a MacBook, but we have not really covered how we would use Apple products in the classroom. For this post I am focusing more on the iPad since Baldwin County is giving many of the Elementary schools iPads for every student. At first I was thinking that it would be hard to have all your students using the iPads at the same time, so maybe they should just be used for research or working on school based games. Upon further research I found that there are many ways to use the iPads in the classroom, even for the younger students. Would you use it similar to how Ms. Kristina Kellogg used the iPads in her room? What kind of applications would you have on the iPads for your students to learn from? I mentioned a tool called Educreations in one of my earlier blog posts that makes use of the iPad to teach or reteach students concepts. This makes use of videos that can be made by their teacher, or they can find videos by another teacher. These videos are similar to watching a teacher write on a white board while explaining the topic, and these videos can be seen over and over again. Another resource that could be used with the iPads would be with the Apple TV. I think it would be a helpful tool to use in the classroom to allow students to share projects that they have created with the class. These are just a few of the possibilities I found on how to use the iPad in the classroom. How else would you use the iPad or any other Apple product in your classroom?
iPad

1 comment:

  1. I see what you mean, it would be useful to know how we could use iPads in the classroom. I have thought of how that could be used in the secondary setting, and since most high school students already have an iPhone or iPad they are pretty familiar with the format.

    ReplyDelete